Sunday 13 November 2011

Final Thriller Idea - 'Snow Storm'


For this idea to come alive I had to do some research into what I thought could make a great thriller. I would put this idea under the subgenre heading of an ‘environmental thriller’.  I was reading the BBC News Website when I came across a story about a freak snowstorm that hit the East Coast of the USA and this is where I got my idea from.


My idea was to tell the story of one man and how he survived the initial storm. For my opening sequence I would have white text on a black background to show the film company, actors etc. Then the diegetic sound of a tuning radio would come on shortly followed by the sound of a tape running and plates being washed in a sink. The shot would then cut to the main character looking out the window as he listens to the radio talk about an expected freak snow storm. From different shot we then learn about the character’s reaction to the news over the radio. I believe that the group has decided to go forward with this idea and that it should work well and that we can come up with enough dialogue and shots to make up for the opening two and a half minutes of the film! 

No comments:

Post a Comment